6.9.11

OotD! For a nice dinner out!

Get ready for a picture-heavy post, readers!

The main purpose of my quick trip home to California at the end of August was to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. Because my dad's birthday falls right around the start of school for me every day, I haven't been there in the past few years at all. So I was glad when I was able to make the quick trip home for a long weekend to be there for it!

On his actual birthday, before my redeye back to the east coast, we went out for a very nice dinner at the Moss Beach Distillery. Here's what I wore:

Dress AE; Cardigan, Shoes UO; Scarf H&M





I brought this outfit back with my (I flew carry-on only, a big accomplishment for me!) because it had easy pieces that wouldn't get crushed or wrinkled in my bag. I love the bold, saturated colors the dress and the cardigan have, and this scarf that I picked up while I was abroad in Austria from H&M adds the perfect touch!

All in all we had a lovely dinner with a beautiful view:

I had the sea bass for dinner, which unfortunately didn't taste as good as it should have for its cost. But it looked nice!


My brother had the salmon, which I immediately kicked myself for not ordering!


But overall, the outcome of the dinner was a lovely time spent with good discussion with close loved ones. Happy birthday, Dad! To many more to come!


No comments: