11.8.11

Love at First Sight

Here is the story of love at first sight, of wanting and yearning, and of ultimate satisfaction. Sadly (or perhaps not), this concerns the love of a young woman and the perfect, perfect wallet, not the perfect guy. Read on...

So I've been searching for a replacement wallet for a while now. I prefer checkbook wallets, as in the ones that don't fold, as I find them more practical and think they look nice. After sporting the same Espirit purple leather wallet I've had since I first arrived in Austria (when I literally had to carry twelve cards around with me at all times to make sure I had everything I might need), it started to get a bit ratty from all of the wear and tear. Don't get me wrong, I still love that wallet! It just wasn't appeasing me quite as much for the past while. So off I went, a-browsing my favorite shops to find something that suited my needs and liking.

A couple of weeks ago, I found it. It was love at first sight: 




Need I say more?

But $195 for a wallet? That's a very, very steep price for me. I just couldn't justify spending that much on a wallet, even though I new it would be of high quality, and if I were to own any sort of designer wallet/bag/accessory of that sort, it would preferably be from Kate Spade.

So, I tried to put it out of my mind. And I did successfully, for about two weeks. Then I just couldn't stifle my interest and went back to the site. Just one thing was wrong: it wasn't where I'd left it! Fear ran over me; had I missed my chance? I nimbly ran over to the Sale section, and it was there that I set eyes once again upon this little lovely, sitting there for a 50.3% discount. Granted, it still cost more than I think I've ever spent on a bag (or definitely a wallet), but I just couldn't hold myself any longer.

And now that I have this wonderful little wallet in my own hands, I couldn't be more pleased! And we shall live happily ever after. Yay!

Now I just have to get over my anxiety for actually using it! My fear of ruining its beauty must be overcome for practicality's sake.

No comments: