15.8.11

Weekend Wrap-Up









Hi readers! Here are some highlights from another great weekend:

  • Spending an evening eating all-you-can-eat pizza at August 1st Bakery. So delicious! You fill your plate as they bring out freshly made pizzas with toppings like potato, carrots, walnuts, pear, goat cheese, and even chocolate. And the crust is so light and crisp and yet fluffy all at the same time! I can't believe I just discovered this. Best deal out there, I'm pretty sure. Unfortunately, I was so busy eating that I forgot to snap any pictures!
  • A bittersweet goodbye to my good friend M, who is moving back home to NJ as her internship and lease here in Vermont have now ended. I already miss her, but know I will see her soon!
  • Starting to plan a trip to the city (New York!) for the end of October/beginning of November to meet up with two old friends! I've never actually been to New York City (though I've flown through it probably more times than I can count), so I'm really looking forward to this. Any recommendations, readers?
  • Farmer's market again! Although this time I was mainly there to take pictures (and buy a pretty little bouquet of flowers), as I'm getting all of my meals provided for me for the next two weeks.
  • TREK training started! Time to re-learn about group dynamics, get to know my co (co-leader) even better, and prepare for a six-day trip working on a Habitat for Humanity house with incoming first-years!
So that was the wrap-up for my weekend. What were all of you lovely readers up to?

--Laura

No comments: